Friday, June 29, 2007

I mentioned in a previous post that I was having trouble with Forms Based Authentication (Open LDAP) into SharePoint, or more specifically with the Client Integration part of it (opening Word and Excel when logged in using LDAP). I've received confirmation from Microsoft that this is by design: IIS and Office will only integrate using NTFS authentication.

Now, having said this, and having personally seen it not working, there is a chance you can still use Office integration and FBA. I'm linking to Mike Fitzmaurice's blog where he discusses this issue in detail: FitzBlog.

Willie Rust on his blog mentions that checking the "Sign me in automatically" checkbox when you log in using Forms Based Authentication will save a persistent cookie to your desktop.










I did try this, but the browser wouldn't let me sign in if tried this...It was either log in successfully without setting a persistent cookie; or fail to enter the site at all. So your mileage may vary. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.