Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm lucky enough to be spending the rest of the week at Tech Ed 2007 Gold Coast, courtesy of my managers at DiData.

The seminars this year seem very interesting - there's a lot of coverage of Web 2.0 concepts. Microsoft is focusing heavily on what they call Software + Services (it's kind of like SaaS with some math, I guess) and there is heavy emphasis on this in the lineup.

In particular I'm interested in learning more about Enterprise Library 3.1 and Software Factories from Tom Hollander (formerly of the Microsoft Patterns and Practices Group). Among the scores of other sessions are ones on workflow, the latest version of Dynamics CRM, capacity management planning for SharePoint, and Business Intelligence.

There is also a Blogger's Lunch about Web 2.0 trends with some guest panelists and questions from the floor. Should be a lively discussion.

I'm looking forward to learning plenty of new things and meeting lots of my fellow super-caffeinated developers. I'll try to blog while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.