Thursday, July 12, 2007

Today I was creating a workflow in Visual Studio so I could repackage it with content types and lists, rather than using SharePoint Designer where the workflow has to be applied to a specific list.

Whenever I tried to create a new SharePoint Sequential Workflow Library project, I got the error: "The project type is not supported by this installation". Turns out I had a pre-release version of the Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for .Net Framework 3.0 (Windows Workflow Foundation) - beta 1.2 to be precise. After uninstalling and reinstalling the release version, available here, I could create the workflow project.

I'm currently following Nick Swan's excellent blog postings about how to create and deploy SharePoint workflows in Visual Studio: SharePoint 2007 Workflow with Visual Studio 2005 + InfoPath 2007 (RTM VERSION!) and Deploying our SharePoint 2007 Workflow with Visual Studio 2005 + InfoPath 2007 (RTM VERSION!) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.